Watch a video on how to customize your own grip by Jake Kaminski.
With the R-Core R3 Moldable DIY grip kit, you can make your own, totally customized grip easily and safely.
The grip and material are totally reusable, so you can re-mold it to your liking even after shooting with it. With just one kit, you can reach your ideal grip shape after as many iterations as you may need.
The thermoplastic included, is skin and food safe, does not produce any fumes and it is non-toxic. It is much safer than building your grip with epoxy putty, which produces fumes, and may cause an allergic reaction to the skin.
In the kit, you get :
- a “blank” grip, which is a neutral, low grip you can freely build upon and fits perfectly to the riser of your choice.
- Two packs (60grams total) of thermo-moldable plastic granules, enough to build a big grip, in high angle and still have material left for experiments.
- A printed guide (and an ever-updated downloadable PDF) on how to go through the process
- 3 pieces of different grits of sandpaper, to finish the grip to your liking.
Scan and multi-reproduce
We also offer a scan/ reproduce service.
- You send in your R3 kit grip, in its final form.
- You choose the material/color combination you like.
- We scan it and print it for you, in your selected color.
- As an additional bonus, you can order the exact same grip for any other riser you have.
Luis Sánchez (verified owner) –
Really easy to use and to model. There is, by far, enough material.
Volker Ladurner (verified owner) –
This is a most ingenious way of customizing the grip and playing around with high or low angles. Totally easy and fun to use!
JAVIER MARTINEZ PEREZ (verified owner) –
Fit of R-Core grips on my riser is better than that with its original grips (UUKHA), even if it is not 100% true to the riser (2 concave cutouts on the riser are not present at the inside grip itself). Keep in mind I am a “splitting hairs” kind of person, hence my 4/5 rating. I am sure 99% of the shooters would rate itr as 5/5 with easy. Please consider also that my carbon riser has a very complex shape at the grip bed, so I believe that on a metal riser, I would rate it as 5/5. As for transaction, I am more than happy with the process and the person behind the product, 100% reecommended to give him a try. Hope I helped
Wylie (verified owner) –
Well I don’t normally write reviews, positive or negative. I must say that the shipping was so fast I almost couldn’t keep up with tracking.
I am super impressed with the grip gel but have not yet finished my grip.
Great products, better customer service = A fantastic company. You will not be disappointed.
Judith (verified owner) –
Robert RAYER (verified owner) –
Fantastic- easy to use, customized grip- I don’t think there is a better custom grip like this one
Nathan O. (verified owner) –
Really happy with the versatility of this product, I really had no idea what I wanted from a grip and have completely changed the style 3 times since recieving it. Very easy to manipulate and mold, easily remoldable if you dislike what you did. Would really recommend if you want to attempt modifying your grip, but you’re uncertain on what will work best for you.
Judith (verified owner) –
This kit is really nice. It is working perfectly for me as shooter and as coach too. It gives me the opportunity to let my students find their perfect grip.
James Byrne (verified owner) –
Absolutely brilliant in tons of ways.
– Super fast to build the grip initially & really quick to make edits
– Its the cheapest & quickest way to try out different grip styles
– And means you won’t need to do anything destructive to your existing grip
– Its really easy to make micro changes either with sandpaper or by heating just the surface
– The material is totally re-usable & you get loads of it
– If your current grip is not sold anymore you can use this to build a backup (looking at you Hoyt)
Most importantly though you can take the time to really build a grip that fits your hand perfectly and at any angle. And once you’re done, you can send it back and get a copy made in any material, something which I am really looking forward to doing myself!
Some tips too:
– If your making small edits only heat the surface then drag the plastic with your fingers towards an edge
– This material can be balled up and re-used later
– Once it is hanging off the edge don’t pull it off, use a scissors for a cleaner edge
– If you like sharp lines or just want to do as little sanding as possible have a clean, solid and flat edge you can press against the grip while its hot
– I used the edge of a granite kitchen counter, worked great and avoids sanding it flat later
– When it’s cooling and your done shaping very gently press your hand or some other item into the plastic to texture it as it can be a bit slippy otherwise
– sanding also works once cooled
Dirk S. (verified owner) –
Excellent product, easy to use. And it’s absolutely great, that you can reshape it over and over again, until it’s perfect for you.
Daniel Meyer (verified owner) –
The blank grip that comes with the kit is very narrow. Therefore the two small bags of material are not enough to build a sufficient grip.
Jonathan B. (verified owner) –
I’ve gone through a lot of grips over the years and modified almost all of them. The ability to reheat and shape the grip over and over again is much easier than having to pull out the sander.
Patrick Ferrand (verified owner) –
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Peter W. (verified owner) –
Love the product. Shipment costs a little high to to base. Should look to a UK distribution option.
Stephen C. (verified owner) –
Love the kit made it so easy to produce the grip i wanted.
Tyler (verified owner) –
Original product was damaged in shipping. A quick email later Vicky in customer service had a new one on the way! She was very helpful. Outstanding customer service! Buy R-Core without hesitation!
Erik G. (verified owner) –
After a couple years using The Master on my Best Zenit I’ve decided I wanted to try my hand at making a custom grip. While it may feel a bit daunting if your not used to making your own stuff, it’s actually pretty easy, I spent an evening to “build” the shape I wanted and on the following days just filed/sanded it to my liking before/after every shooting session.
The blank grip you get in the kit has a very low angle, like the one naturally on your riser without a grip, so in most cases even to build a “standard low grip” you will have to use some material to raise the angle, but the nice thing is that if you want you can experiment with an even lower grip than usual. In general, you can file/sand every part of the plastic blank grip, whithin reason, considering you need to leave some material, but enough to make a small difference.
If you’re a grip sear user you may be interested in knowing that the grip edge on the Blank is a bit rounded and may cause your fingernail to gradually “slide” off the edge instead of snapping off decisively. In case you don’t like that, you can easily file the edge of the blank plastic grip to your desired shape.
On most grips the main surface where you place your palm continues down at the same angle, intersecting with the lower part of the grip coming off the riser and forming a “point”. So unless you have very big hands there will be 1-2 centimeters of grip sticking under your palm that are unused and do count when measuring if a barebow fits inside the 12.2 cm ring with a weight mounted in front. With this kit you can build the angled palm surface of the grip so that it ends not too far from the end of your palm and then goes back towards the lower part of the Blank, allowing you to mount a longer weight in front of your riser while still passing inside the ring (I guess this may vary depending on the exact riser shape).
Regarding shipping/delivery time, packaging, quality and customer service, everything was great, as usual.